The families of Westwood Primary and St. Paul’s Peel have had a fun filled couple of weeks at Family club. Flapjacks were made including a few different ingredients – dependent on taste, and a drawing and painting competition went ahead.
- The ingredients were:
- 75g (3 oz) butter or peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons light brown soft sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 150g (5 oz) porridge oats
- 50g (2 oz) sultanas
- 110g of puffed rice – cereal
Method: mix the sugar, syrup and butter together in a bowl. Heat is for approx. 1 minute in a microwave. Add oats and other ingredients to taste. Mix until all ingredients bind together. Pop in the fridge for an hour – Enjoy!