Qualified Playworker – Wrap Around Provision – Stretford
Term Time – Breakfast and After School Club
Hours of work
Breakfast Club 07:30am-08:45am Monday – Friday
After School Club 15:20pm-18:20pm Monday – Friday*
*(School hours are changing in September 2018 for after school club 15:00pm-18:00pm)
Additional hours may be available during school holidays
Kickstart Education is a limited social enterprise operating in the Greater Manchester and East Cheshire areas of the North-West of England. Our core values of delivering excellence, promoting respect and working together shape how we approach our work and the services we provide to the schools, children, staff and parents we support.
The ideal candidate for this role will be based in Greater Manchester, within a commutable distance of Stretford.
The role will report to the Provision Manager and will undertake the following duties:
– Engage and play with children aged 3-11 in our wrap around provisions
– During term-time support the effective running of the Breakfast and Afterschool club provision
– Prepare and serve breakfast and snacks in line with food hygiene regulations
– Help to prepare, plan and deliver activities that engage children aged 3-11
– Implement company policies and protect the safety and welfare of children under the organisation’s care
– Maintain administrative records and support the Management Team to compile childcare records as required
– Attend staff meetings and training when required
– Promote the interests of the organisation
– Provide a professional service to parents and children
– Perform any other duties as required by the organisation
It is essential that the successful candidate has:
– Evidence of working with children for at least 12 months (desirable childcare qualification) – Attended or is willing to attend a Paediatric First Aid Course
– Obtained or is willing to obtain Food Hygiene training
– A satisfactory enhanced DBS check and safeguarding training (or is willing to complete)
– Ability to send/receive emails
– Excellent administration
– The ability to work independently as well as part of a small team
If you would like to apply for this position, please email a letter of application highlighting your suitability for the role, together with a current CV evidencing your qualifications, education, and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check, reference checks and evidence qualifications prior to appointment.
Key Dates for the role:
Due to the large number of applications we anticipate, interviews will be arranged on an individual basis.
Job Type: Part-time