KICKSTART CHILDCARE UPDATE
Although the Government has decided that schools can reopen safely with effect from 01 June 2020, Kickstart fully support the decision of St Matthew’s CE Primary School to undertake a phased approach and because the wrap around care provisions would not be able to keep children in their designated bubbles, we will not be opening our breakfast or after-school clubs until September 2020.
However, in consultation with Mr Langridge and based on the information available to us now, we do believe that it will be safe to reopen and run a full Summer Holiday Club, starting on Monday 27th July 2020, running daily (weekdays) until Friday 28th August 2020. Kickstart will have to put additional measures in place in order to run the club safely and minimise any risks. The Kickstart COVID-19 contingency plan and risk assessments are being reviewed on a daily basis at present so it would not be useful to send these to parents or carers at this stage as a lot can change in a few weeks. However, we are putting additional measures in place which will include;
- Additional Space for Summer Holiday Club 2020 to provide more indoor floor space for staff and children with a focus on outdoor play wherever possible
- Regular handwashing routines introduced
- Reduction in the number of children who can attend and a single booking option of 8am – 6pm only available.
- Breakfasts and Evening Snacks will not be offered but children can bring their own
- Social Distancing drop offs and pick ups in line with Government Advice at the time
- Deep cleaning of Kickstart Facilities and rigorous cleaning routines of the facilities and equipment
- Additional staff training on infection control and COVID-19 contingency measures
- Preference in bookings on an early bird system for key workers
- Off site trips will not take place but we will try and rearrange these for future clubs
Although these measures will be in place, they are designed to minimise risk and although we will implement our plan diligently, we still want the children to enjoy the summer holiday experience and try to get back to a new normal. Social distancing with children is almost impossible to enforce constantly in a childcare setting and although we will discourage games that involve contact (e.g. tig and bulldog), general play will involve children, especially younger ones, coming within 2m of others.
Kickstart will publish guidance for all parents and carers who will be using the club in July.
SUMMER HOLIDAY CLUB BOOKING
In order to support key workers, we will be giving them early bird priority in terms of booking a space in the Summer Holiday Club. Key workers who have registered their children on our booking system, will be able to book a priority place by Sunday 14th June, sending an email to email@example.com, stating the following information:
- Name of children
- Dates required
- Job undertaken by keyworker
- Name of employer
Once Kickstart receive this information, we will complete your booking and send across confirmation with a payment link. All spaces for Summer Holiday Club 2020 must be paid in advance. If you have any difficulties with this, please contact us and we can come to a suitable arrangement.
In the event that following receipt of priority bookings we are oversubscribed for a particular day, the places will be allocated using the following criteria:
- Number of Sessions Booked Overall
- Attendees of St Matthew’s CE Primary School
Once the booking system opens on Monday 15th June then no priority will be given and all remaining places will be allocated first come, first served.
We will open bookings up to all other parents and carers on our live booking system by Monday 15th June 2020.
As we will be operating reduced numbers and increasing our capacity at school, we will only be offering an 8am until 6pm booking slot (drop offs can take place between 8am – 9.30am) and collections can take place from 3pm onwards. The cost of sessions for the Summer Holidays will be £25 per child per day – this is a temporary cost increase to reflect the different circumstances we will be operating under.
If you have any questions or queries, please drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dean and Becca